Teachers: Alison McGoey
Assistant Teacher: Becca Hedegaard
Our Sunflower Preschool Class is specifically designed for 4 year olds. We create a balance between healthy, creative free play time and structured activities which allows your child to explore and learn. Our playful environment fosters curiosity as the young child tries new things. She/He learns about themselves and the world around them through stories, games, movement, and play in a creative and imaginative way.
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS is a Waldorf Early Childhood Program, which provides a secure and nurturing environment to expand your child’s natural creative potential.
The class follows a daily, weekly and seasonal rhythm that brings a feeling of security and an interest in others and care of our world. This is the foundation we provide in the Sunflower Preschool Class.
The Daily and Weekly Activities include:
- Storytelling – fairy tales, nature stories, folktales from around the world
- Artistic Activities – watercolor painting, crayon drawing, modeling, crafts
- Practical Activities – baking, sewing, woodworking
- Creative Movements, Singing, Circle Games,
- Imaginative Play and Drama
- Seasonal Activities, puppet plays, performances and Celebrations
- Healthy, Organic juices and snacks
DAILY LESSON PLAN
9:00 Arrival and Daily Chores
9:15 Movement Circle
10:30 Inside, snack and quiet time.
11:20 Creative Play w/Artistic Activities
12:20 Clean up and Lunch
1:00 Parents arrive – good-byes
Daily Artistic Activity
Tues. ~ Painting
Thurs.~ Craft day
Fri. ~ Drawing/Beeswax Modeling